2020 AICP Exam Scholarship
For the November 2020 Exam
Dear APA Nevada Chapter Members,
For those non-AICP members who are looking to take the AICP exam or enter the new AICP Candidate program, APA and the Nevada Chapter offer a Reduced Exam Fee Scholarship as assistance to those individuals who may defer taking or are unable to take the AICP exam due to cost. Because APA is transitioning to a new “AICP Diversity Scholarship,” this will be the final cycle that the scholarship will be offered in this form – new criteria will be incorporated for the November 2021 cycle later this year.
· First time AICP applicants will receive the reduced rate of $145 (combined $70 application and $75 exam fee) and previously approved AICP applicants receive the rate of $75 (exam fee only) through APA and/or the Chapter.
· The AICP Candidate Program scholarship will be offered at a rate of $135 covering both enrollment and exam registration fee, in the form of a rebate through the Chapter. This scholarship will be offered year-round while enrollment is open.
Please let me know if you have any questions and feel free to pass this along to other planners and professionals that may be interested in joining APA/AICP and becoming certified.
May 2021 Exam Cycle Deadlines:
APA has provided an update on the AICP exams and a new flexible process for registering for exam. The 2021 schedule is as follows:
· Application Window Open: NOW
· Application Deadline if submitting essays: 1.19.21
· Experience Essay Submission:
o Expedited Essays: 2.9.21 – 2.16.21
o Regular Essays: 2.61.21 – 2.23.21
· Final Application Deadline: 4.2.21
o Registration Opens: 1.5.21
o Registration & Transfer Deadline: 4.30.21
o Test Window: 5.3.21 – 5.17.21
- Diplomas do not have to be notarized.
- While an employment verification letter for each job will need to still be uploaded, applicants are not required to submit the letter on company letterhead or have it signed by a former employer.
- There are more options to test! Approved applicants can test online remotely, or in-person at their local test center.
- APA has improved guidance on the criteria for essays and the checklist. Please see the new guides here: https://www.planning.org/certification/