Who We Are APA Nevada Chapter
The Nevada Chapter of the American Planning Association is an official Chapter of the American Planning Association (APA). We are a member organization of professional planners and planning officials who serve Nevada communities in many ways, at all levels of government, the private sector, and not-for-profit organizations.
Nevada Recovers Listening Tour / Survey
Dear APA Nevada Chapter Members:
The State of Nevada will receive $2.7 billion of federal American Rescue Plan funds allocated by Congress earlier this year to combat the COVID-19 Pandemic and the resulting social and economic impacts. The State is seeking input from Nevadans throughout the state on priorities and ideas on how best to allocate these funds.
As part of this outreach effort, please consider taking the Nevada Recovers survey and sharing with other family, friends, and colleagues. For more information, please visit the Nevada Recovers website.
AICP Exam & Scholarship November 2021 Exam / Candidate Program
Dear APA Nevada Chapter Members,
For non-AICP members who are looking to take the November 2021 AICP exam or enter the AICP Candidate program, the American Planning Association and the Nevada Chapter are committed to providing opportunities for all to achieve excellence in planning by fostering equity, diversity, and inclusion in the organization and in the planning profession. In support of this, the APA Nevada Chapter provides AICP Diversity scholarships to prospective AICP and AICP Candidates to offset exam fee and applications costs in an effort to make the planning profession more diverse and accessible to those with financial need and for members of any of the following groups: race/ethnicity, gender, age, sexuality, ability, educational attainment, spiritual or cultural beliefs, tribal affiliation, nationality, immigration status, and veteran status.
- First time AICP applicants will receive the reduced rate of $75 (combined fee reduced from $425) and previously approved AICP applicants receive the rate of $70 (exam fee only) through APA and/or the Chapter.
- The AICP Candidate Program scholarship will be offered at a rate of $135 covering both enrollment and exam registration fee, in the form of a rebate through the Chapter. This scholarship will be offered year-round while enrollment is open.
November 2021 Exam:
APA has provided an update on the AICP exams and a new flexible process for registering for exam. The 2021 schedule is as follows:
- Application Window Open: NOW
- Application Deadline if submitting essays: 7.5.21
- Experience Essay Submission:
- Expedited Essays: 7.12.21 – 7.19.21
- Regular Essays: 7.19.21 – 7.26.21
- Final Application Deadline: 10.4.21
- Registration Opens: NOW
- Registration & Transfer Deadline: 10.29.21
- Test Window: 11.1.21 – 11.26.21
- Diplomas do not have to be notarized.
- While an employment verification letter for each job will need to still be uploaded, applicants are not required to submit the letter on company letterhead or have it signed by a former employer.
- There are more options to test! Approved applicants can test online remotely, or in-person at their local test center.
- APA has improved guidance on the criteria for essays and the checklist. Please see the new guides here: https://www.planning.org/certification/
The official APA
Study Guide is available online.
Navigating Change COVID-19 Resources for Planners
Whether it's online public participation tips, tools for how to keep doing your job remotely, or information about the latest federal stimulus funding for communities, we are curating a growing collection of trusted, timely resources just for you, organized by topics that are foremost in your mind.