Associate/Senior Analyst - Transportation and Analytics
Tahoe Regional Planning Agency
Stateline, NV United States
Acting in the Research and Analysis Division, the Associate/Senior Analyst - Transportation and Analytics leads the Agency’s transportation and land use planning analytics program. This includes oversight of the Agency’s travel demand model, including contractor management for the maintaining, updating, and operating the model and management of the data collection necessary for modeling. This position is also responsible for managing other datasets, data collection, and analysis needs related to transportation and land use planning, including employment, demographic, and census data.
The Associate/Senior Analyst – Transportation and Analytics may also leverage technical skills in analytics to support other agency initiatives. The position is also responsible for all aspects of program management, including:
• Data analysis, creation of infographics or other data displays, and report writing
• Communication of core insights from data analysis internally and with partners
• Contract management and oversight of consultants, including development of Requests for Proposals
• Identifying grant funding opportunities, grant writing, and reporting to support agency initiatives
The position will require working closely and cooperatively with TRPA Program Managers and may include working with other external partner agencies (CalTrans, NDOT, USFS, CTC, NDSL, State Parks, etc.) and the general public.
Travel Demand Model
- Oversee maintenance and updates to TRPA’s Travel Demand Model (TransCAD-based), including coordination of consultant contracts, and the integration and testing of changes.
- Collection, organization, and display of existing and forecasted data for the Regional Transportation Plan/SCS (e.g., population, housing, occupancy, employment) – data warehousing of RTP/SCS data for use on LT Info and other potential tools.
- Development and analysis of base year and forecast scenarios model runs to support agency planning processes including updates to the Regional Transportation Plan/SCS and the Regional Plan
- Identify opportunities to improve model to meet strategic information needs and prioritizes resource investment to meet needs.
Strategy Development and Program Leadership
- Engage with stakeholders (internal and external) to identify and prioritize information needs and investments of agency time and resources to support data driven decision making.
- In-depth knowledge of data sources to meet transportation and land use planning needs.
- Knowledge of transportation, economic, and demographic data sources and data collection process and understanding of how to apply those to better understand regional dynamics.
- Ability to identify and apply the most appropriate data source to address regional challenges.
- Data management system and updated display of data for agency land-use and transportation planning.
- Development of a web-based tools to support data analysis and data display.
- Additional analysis as necessary to support the Agency initiatives, Bi-State Transportation Consultation, and TRPA Governing Board/Agency strategic planning.
- Develop, apply, and update of a demographic, visitation, and land-use forecasting methodology for regional planning and data needs.
APPLICATION DATES AND PROCESS
Please visit our website at https://www.trpa.gov/contact/employment/ to read more about our Agency and to complete an employment application through our Career Center. To access the Career Center, click on the link under Apply Today on the employment page. Within the Career Center site, select the "Apply Now" link and submit a completed employment application along with a cover letter describing your interest in the position, and a resume of your qualifications