Carson City, NV United States
Example of Associate Planner duties include:
- Investigates and reports on applications for special use permits, variances, rezoning, specific plan amendments, annexations, subdivision maps, and related zoning/planning and regulation items.
- Contributes to development of master plan updates and zoning code amendments; coordinates with other jurisdictions, agencies, special interest groups, State and federal government as required.
- Cooperates and coordinates efforts with planning departments, transit agencies, special interest groups, State and federal agencies.
- Assists in the preparation of agendas and presents information to the Planning Commission and other advisory boards and commissions.
- Represents the City and/or the Planning Division on working groups, committees and task forces.
- Researches technical data to prepare maps, charts, models, sketches and other graphic presentations; prepares reports, presentations, correspondence and other written materials.
- Organizes own work, sets priorities and meets critical deadlines.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with elected officials, public and City staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
- Explains provisions of City codes, applicable laws and regulations, and other policies and standards to potential applicants and the public; assists in answering telephone calls and counter inquiries regarding City and local governmental ordinances and requirements.
- Monitors status of development applications from acceptance to issuance of final permit.
- Uses standard office equipment, including a computer, in the course of the work; may drive a motor vehicle to attend meetings and inspect property sites.
- Monitors and interprets changes in laws, codes, ordinances and regulations; evaluates their effect upon division activities; prepares and implements policy and procedure changes as required.
Experience LevelMid I (1-4 years)
SpecialtyCommunity or Neighborhood Development
Salary Range$59,416.76 - $89,124.36